Merry-Go-Round Farm sits on a 204-acre promontory, three miles west of the Great Falls
, and boasts majestic views of the Potomac River. This special community seamlessly integrates a limited number of luxury, custom-built homes into a carefully-preserved natural setting. The architecture of the homes is tastefully restrained according to guidelines designed by premier area architects. There are only 81 homesites clustered into five separate sections, and homesites average three-quarters of an acre. The beauty of this design allows for large parcels of land to be set aside and thoughtfully managed for the shared enjoyment of the residents and the area's native flora and fauna.
The common grounds include an equestrian center with two well-maintained stables and ample pasture, miles of forest trails for hiking and riding, three small lakes, and several large rolling fields, perfect for picnics in warmer weather and cross-country skiing or sledding in the snow. Groundskeepers and barn staff live onsite and tend to the land and the horses under the direction of a Homeowners' Association, of which all the residents are members.
- A community limited to 81 carefully arranged homesites with architectural guidelines and protective covenants
- A 3/4 mile shared border with the C & O Canal National Park
- Gorgeous views of the Potomac River
- An equestrian center for horse boarding, riding and lessons, with priority given to homeowners
- Extensive shared grounds with miles of hiking and riding trails
- An experienced staff of groundskeepers and barn hands that live on-site under the supervision of a resident Farm Manager
- Abundant wildlife including deer, foxes, turtles, frogs and many different bird species
- Small lakes and streams
- Lighted tennis courts